The following information is to help you the seller get some understanding of how to sell at auction. We have a dedicated team willing to help to the best of their abilities to make the selling process as enjoyable as possible. We pride ourselves on the level of personal and professional service provided and have specialists that are retained to advise as and when required.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.
Vendor / Seller's Commission
- In person at the Saleroom - a valuer is available Monday to Friday from 10am until 4pm by appointment only.
- Email - feel free to drop us an image and a brief description and we shall get back to you with an auction estimate as soon as possible.
- For house and estate clearances please contact the office to arrange a time and date for a valuer to come out and assist you.
- For multiple larger items please email images and we will arrange a time and date for a valuer to come out and assist you.
Our commission rates and charges are as follows:
- Seller's commission is 18% of the hammer price.
- Loss/damage warranty is 1.5% of the hammer price.
- Lotting fee is £3.00 per lot.
VAT is applied to all fees.
We only offer reserve prices on items we value at £100 or above.
After the Sale
Auction result notification
If you would like to know the results of your lots, please do not hesitate to contact the office. We would appreciate it if you could wait until two days after the sale before you telephone for your results.
Payment is made by Bank Transfer two weeks after the auction date, assuming that we have received full payment from the buyer. You will also receive by post or email a statement detailing the charges which have been incurred.
Any unsold lots will be automatically re-entered into a future sale, at an adjusted amount of the original reserve, unless you wish to collect your unsold lot item(s).
Please click here for Terms & Conditions